Tips for creating good segments
Segments are a great way to keep motivated and try to improve your performance.
When creating segments:
- Do not create segments with busy junctions.
- Do not create segments in built up areas with lots of traffic calming.
- Avoid duplicating a segment that already exists.
- Give the segment a meaningful title so other can find it.
- Start segments a short distance after junctions and finish them a short distance before junctions.
In providing segments Map My Tracks does not endorse or encourage irresponsible action on the part of our users. Map My Tracks users should obey all traffic controls and signage, comply with all applicable traffic laws and not endanger themselves or other road users.
Did you find this article helpful?