How to create private segments
Private segments let you create segments that you alone can cover. When a private segment is created it will only be shown to the person that has created it. Private segments are great to use on very personal routes or simply to monitor your own performance.
Just like a public segment a private segment is created from existing activities that have route data.
- First open the activity that includes the segment you wish to create.
- Click on Actions > Create new segment to load the create segment tools.
- Zoom into the area that includes the segment then click on the position along the route that represents the start point of the segment.
- Once a segment start has been set then set the segment finish point.
- Tick the box to set the segment as private.
- Give the segment a useful name to help identify it and click ‘Save’.
This creates the private segment and populates the leader board with the first entry. If you need to include older activities in to the new segment use the 'Scan activity for segments' tools.
Did you find this article helpful?